The goal of music lessons is to teach music in a way that is fun, yet structured, so as to encourage creativity through the discipline of focused daily practice. Emphasis is placed on the need for good technique, careful listening and telling the story of each piece of music through the phrases and dynamics.
Fun, customized, and totally awesome music lessons happen here!
At Silver Creek Music Academy, students enrolled in guitar lessons can choose between our classical stream or contemporary (pop/rock) stream. Students under the classical stream will learn to play on the acoustic guitar (nylon string), and will study genres from classical to flamenco. Students under the contemporary stream will learn on electric or acoustic (steel string) guitars, and will study repertoire based on pop/rock hits. We place emphasis on proper form, hand, and finger positioning, building a solid foundation from your very first lesson. Novice students will also learn basic tuning, chording/plucking, and reading. Intermediate to advanced students will build on the basics, and are encouraged to perform in recitals and music competitions.
There are many benefits to studying with a Guitar Teacher at Silver Creek Music Academy. Some of these benefits include:
- The assurance of sound musical curriculum and competent, knowledgeable instruction by dedicated professional teachers.
- The ongoing opportunity to perform at monthly recitals and festivals.
- The option to study a variety of musical styles including classical, modern, pop, jazz and blues.
- Private or group lessons.
- Opportunities for development of musical excellence through participation in the certificate programs of The Royal Conservatory of Music and accredited music festivals.
Try it today!
Sign up for lessons and let us show you how much fun learning can be!
89 Mountainview Rd. S., Georgetown, Ontario, L7G 4T9
(located inside St. Andrew's Church)